“Air conditioning costs might be pretty harsh especially during the hotter months of the year. Thankfully, there are plenty of ideas that you can do that will help you decrease the cost of cooling your home. Saving on air conditioning cost can reduce your utility bill by twenty percent or over. These little changes can certainly help in that endeavor.”
1. Installing a programmable thermostat at home is an excellent method to make certain you tend not to expend pointless energy on heating or cooling when you are asleep or away from home. Based on Energy Star, getting a automated thermostat to keep your air conditioning system from working during the day can reduce your electricity costs by as much as $180 annually
2. During daytime, keep windows closed, curtains pulled, and blinds shut. In a typical household, approximately 30% of a home’s energy is lost through the windows. Having your windows replaced with new, more energy-efficient glass is a good approach to keep your home insulated and reduce your cooling costs.
3. In food preparation, use crock pots or an outdoor grill to cut down on the requirement for the oven and long cooking times which will heat up your residence. It is going to be economical if you try to minimize heat generating appliances in the middle of the day because your air conditioning system will work twice to cool your home.
4. Shut off lights when they aren’t being used. All artificial lights, even compact fluorescent lamps and LED bulbs, generate at least some heat. Engaging in the habit of flipping a light switch any time you leave a room will pay off in the long run by reducing air conditioner usage and electricity costs.
5. Keep heavy shades, drapes, or even an awning on the bright and sunny side of your home. It will block the daylight from getting in thus keeping extra heat out of your house you don’t want or need.
It is a known fact that cooling systems are incredibly costly, however it doesn’t have to be that way. If you really want to save cash during this bad economic season, you will then be certain to take all of the proper guidelines before. You won’t regret taking preventative measures when you are saving thousands per year.